FANDOM


  • OK so what I think is that the Heroic mode is Gree's attempt to keep veteran players into the game by adding some salt an pepper into the ecuation (and trying to get us to spend some gems)

    Now the idea is cool but to be honest this will be a major feature for players well over level 100 because players under 100 with a couple of Legendaries are not going to make it thru on time, but as many have noted, the second place prize seems to be enticing as well... the chance to pile up some vintage Legendary armors that I like to refer to as Fuse Fodder, if you are over Lvl100, these Legendary armors are way behind even the current regular Epic Boss armor so I am sure that 98% of the players will just fuse them for a chance to get a better one or even an Epic.

    Now, according to the in-game instructions, 8 fragments make 1 Starcrystal and 8 Starcystals are used to craft the not-so-bad-indeed Epic armor, so we need 64 fragments in order to craft the Epic, this doesn't sound so bad untill you realize the drop rate and that the Heroic Stage is not a stroll on the park, and while Farming the Relic Ruins (the easiest stage) sounds like a good idea looks like the developers thought about this and while not yet confirmed, I believe that once you got the 8 fragements from one Stage the drop rate goes to zero, I tried it a couple of times and the results were no fragements whatsoever. (See note at the end)

    This promts the first real question, which Stages would you be able finish? If you have full Epic line up with decent stats then you will be fine doing 2-3 runs everytime your knights get fully healed, this is not so bad if you play to your strengths and pay attention to the Level Up bar in order to roll over the next level and get a full recover while battling.

    As in the first part of the game, the first 4 stages seem to be the easiest with mostly mono element monsters but right after that you will face monsters that while not so overpowered will present some kind of problem if you are elementally disadvantaged. If you already did the math as I did, you should be aware that if you are going for the Epic+ crafting (Which I think its worth it, based on the stats), you will need to sweep every stage several times, I haven't got that far but I think the Kingdom of Darkess stage will be overhauled and the monsters will have insane lifebars. So for the Epic+ you need to be fast!, I mean FAST!, as this is time based and the event takes almost a whole month (till Dec 17th), that translates that I will need to get the first 8 Starcrystals as soon as possible, then wait 2 days and a half for the Armor to be crafted and be ready to enhance it till Level 50 al least (I hope) for the Epic+ to become available to craft once I got the other 8 Crystals BEFORE the deadline because the crystals will not be rolled over to the next event and here's where the cookie cracks because we all know that leveling Epics is a beeotch so start saving your Fuse armors and Enhancing Fodder.

    This will start yet another iPad effect on users... the lucky ones will end up with a Lvl50 Epic and a Lvl1Epic+ by the end of the event and I bet that a couple of weeks from that another Heroic event will be lanched and we will be trying to pull a "pokemon" and get all the armors we can while leaving the other ones in their middle levels, you are not yet done leveling the one you just got when the new one is already in the market that clearly outranks yours so you ditch it while trying to get the next one... iPad effect.

    I did that for a couple of months... at one time I got around 15 Lvl 35 Epic Boss and 15 Lvl 5-7 Epic Boss+ armors just laying around, one or two epics in their early 20 levels and I wanted to level them all, this is just impossible without spending a hefty bunch of gems, focus on the best one move on to the next in line.

    What I will end up doing is obviously going for the Epic+ and probably skip the next heroic Armor as I think I will be still trying to max the previous ones.

    Any ideas?


    LH Diggler / Lords of Hellfire

      Loading editor
    • Well what I will probably end up doing is just completely falling off the map as far as epic bosses are concerned unless there is an epic boss event going on.  I mean as I battle the different stages I will still fight the EB boss, but crafting those armors for fusion fodder will not be as important anymore since you can collect fragments to craft older legendary armors at each stage.  I don't think leveling up the epics will be as difficult as implied just because with the events lasting a whole month, there is bound to be one or two EB raids during each heroic mode which will give you a ton of extra armors (a lot of two stars).

      I mean we will see how it goes.

      Another trick I like to do is craft all the 300 coin bronze star armors, and then save up 2million gold and fuse them all together to make all one star gold armor.  It really makes the leveling up quicker down the road, and if you have already leveled up your training fields with the use of gems it doesn't take that long to get to 2 million gold.

        Loading editor
    • You also only need to level the regular epic to 35 (per the in game FAQ) to unlock the + version.  I already have 5 full crystals am and looking to start crafting the regular epic tonight.  A month is a long time, so I feel confident I'll be able to get all 16.  I used to only beat the EB for the fusion armors, but I'll probably just stick to the 15 kills now that I can farm legendary items in game.  I'll use friends in Heroic mode.

        Loading editor
    • I was wondering what the more experienced players thought of this update, i'm still reasonably new to the game (lvl 92 thenow) and for me this update seemed like an amazing opportunity for lower lvl players to get an epic. 

      So far i've managed to get a few legendaries from the epic bosses and a few from guild wars but this is the first real chance i've had to get a good epic without buying gems. I haven't really thought too much about the event timespan though, so far i've found 7 fragments, but i'm not really aiming for the + version, just the normal epic would be nice. 

      I'm thinking that if I manage to get enough fragments for the epic then if I get any extra I could keep them till the end so they get converted into fusion stones and fusion boost armour which can then be used to lvl up my new epic and then aim for the + version next time.

      )
        Loading editor
    • 128.255.117.100 wrote:
      Well what I will probably end up doing is just completely falling off the map as far as epic bosses are concerned unless there is an epic boss event going on.  I mean as I battle the different stages I will still fight the EB boss, but crafting those armors for fusion fodder will not be as important anymore since you can collect fragments to craft older legendary armors at each stage.  I don't think leveling up the epics will be as difficult as implied just because with the events lasting a whole month, there is bound to be one or two EB raids during each heroic mode which will give you a ton of extra armors (a lot of two stars).

      I mean we will see how it goes.

      Another trick I like to do is craft all the 300 coin bronze star armors, and then save up 2million gold and fuse them all together to make all one star gold armor.  It really makes the leveling up quicker down the road, and if you have already leveled up your training fields with the use of gems it doesn't take that long to get to 2 million gold.

      I do like that about not going for the EB+ anymore, I will go for 2 regular EB armors instead of 1 regular and the plus version, I am using them as foder anyway and it is well established that using + versions does not affect the outcome, I will save the effort and Armors I usually use to level it up and use it on the Epic instead.


      LH Diggler

        Loading editor
    • Hazel.mclea wrote:
      I was wondering what the more experienced players thought of this update, i'm still reasonably new to the game (lvl 92 thenow) and for me this update seemed like an amazing opportunity for lower lvl players to get an epic. 

      So far i've managed to get a few legendaries from the epic bosses and a few from guild wars but this is the first real chance i've had to get a good epic without buying gems. I haven't really thought too much about the event timespan though, so far i've found 7 fragments, but i'm not really aiming for the + version, just the normal epic would be nice. 

      I'm thinking that if I manage to get enough fragments for the epic then if I get any extra I could keep them till the end so they get converted into fusion stones and fusion boost armour which can then be used to lvl up my new epic and then aim for the + version next time.

      )

      I've been playing this game for 1 year now (exactly).  I have yet to score an epic+ and really like that this mode allows me the opportunity.  I also love being able to pick and choose which legendaries I wish to craft by farming select stages.  No more grinding it on the EB when I can easily get enough items to craft the legendary element combo of my choice.  I also love the reuse of the old bosses.  The game is actually fresh for the first time in what seems like forever.  Yes, the game is still grinding at its core, but at least it has a fresh face with a fantastic reward.

        Loading editor
    • 198.160.9.62 wrote:
      You also only need to level the regular epic to 35 (per the in game FAQ) to unlock the + version.  I already have 5 full crystals am and looking to start crafting the regular epic tonight.  A month is a long time, so I feel confident I'll be able to get all 16.  I used to only beat the EB for the fusion armors, but I'll probably just stick to the 15 kills now that I can farm legendary items in game.  I'll use friends in Heroic mode.


      I stand corrected, you are correct and only Level 35 is needed in order to unlock Epic+, that is great news indeed.

      I've been playing since February (I am level 366) and I was getting bored, I think this is will renew the interest for veteran players.

      As for the vintage Legendaries, I've got tons of "tier1 and 2" legendary armors, the oldest ones and everytime I fused two of those I seemed to get something similar, I think they're internally divided in categories and that the outcome of fusing older categories almost always end up in an Armor of that same tier or similar, the Epics that I've managed to Fuse were almost exclusively from current EB's and not so older EB's,has any of you managed to get an Epic out of 2 real oldies?


      LH Diggler

        Loading editor
    • 207.141.10.4 wrote:

      Now, according to the in-game instructions, 8 fragments make 1 Starcrystal and 8 Starcystals are used to craft the not-so-bad-indeed Epic armor, so we need 64 fragments in order to craft the Epic, this doesn't sound so bad untill you realize the drop rate and that the Heroic Stage is not a stroll on the park, and while Farming the Relic Ruins (the easiest stage) sounds like a good idea looks like the developers thought about this and while not yet confirmed, I believe that once you got the 8 fragements from one Stage the drop rate goes to zero, I tried it a couple of times and the results were no fragements whatsoever. 

      Ok, after some research I found this on Gree's forum:

      End of Event:

      When the event ends, leftover Fragments and Starcrystals will be converted into Fusion Boost Armors and gold, Fragments and Starcrystals CANNOT be transfered over to the next event. The Epic Armor can only be crafted while the event is running and only during that event period, but currently crafting Heroic Mode Epic Armor will continue crafting when the event has ended.

      We knew this already, but It is not 100% clear if it is posible to get more than just 8 fragments from a singe stage just that leftofer crystals and fragments will be turned to Fusion armors (COOL) or Gold.

      Could be cool if you know you will not make it thru the 16 stages, but you are ok with getting just the Regular version and grind the easiest stages to get some fragments and be turned into Boost armors.


      LH Diggler

        Loading editor
    • ^^^^There are 16 stages with 8 fragments in each.  Once you get 8 from 1 stage, that's it (maxed).

        Loading editor
    • can someone tell me what the elements of the heroic bosses are?

      (just to get prepared) 

        Loading editor
    • 188.62.165.7 wrote:
      can someone tell me what the elements of the heroic bosses are?

      (just to get prepared) 

      I am still trying to complete the first 8 stages as I don't want to waste energy but these are the ones I have fougth:

      Relic Ruins: Gremlin Forgemaster [Fire/Earth] - Craft 2Star Forgemaster

      Thieves Cove: King Crab [Water] - Craft 4StarChitinous Armor 

      Skeleton Tomb: Bone Dragon [Air/Spirit] - Craft 2Star Exorcist Armor

      Blazing Forest: Deva [Fire/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Pyromancer Armor

      Fairie forest: Hypolita [Earth/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Hunter's Garb

      Snow peak: Sasquatch [Earth/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Mantle of the Beast

      Cascades: Cumulo Nimboss [Air] - Craft 4Star Cloud King's Finery

      Bridge: Beringar [Earth/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Armor of the Bear

      Steppes:

      Volcano:

      Desert:

      Sunken ship:

      Swamp:

      Plateau:

      Citadel:

      KoD: Dorar the Fallen [Fire/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Armor of the fallen

      There is also the Epic Bosses that are posing as regular monsters... think of them as EB-.

      Relic Ruins: Gremlin Armorsuit [Earth] - Craft 4Star Battlesuit remnants

      Thieves Cove: Sirens [Water/Spirit] - Craft 4Star Starsong Shroud

      Skeleton Tomb: Ten Skeleton [Spirit] - Craft 4Star Bone Harvester Armor

      Blazing Forest: Flamegem [Fire] - Craft 4Star Ruby Plate Armor

      Fairie forest: Fairy Dragon [Spirit] - Craft 4Star Eldritch Keeper Armor

      Snow peak: Frost Giant [Water/Spirit] - Craft 2Star Glacier Armor

      Cascades: Hydromancer [Water] - Craft 4Star Hydromancer's Armor

      Bridge: Jackalope D. [Earth/Water] - Craft 3Star Jackalope's Armor

      Steppes:

      Volcano:

      Desert:

      Sunken ship:

      Swamp:

      Plateau:

      Citadel:

      KoD:

      If any of you already visited the rest of the stages, please feel free to complete the table.

        Loading editor
    • The Jackalope armor is a 4Star Legendary, sorry for the typo.

        Loading editor
    • I'll post all the info about Kingdom of Darkness, Heroic Mode:


      I'll describe all Kingdom of Darkness Heroic Mode rounds, bosses and how to beat it without spending crystals or friends.


      - Round 1/6

      1º MiniBoss Earth

      2º Spirit

      3º Earth

      4º Fire

      5º HeroicBoss Spirit/Air.

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-01-49.jpg



      - Round 2/6

      1º Fire

      2º Earth

      3º MiniBoss Spirit

      4º MiniBoss Spirit

      5º HeroicBoss Fire/Spirit

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-02-04.jpg



      - Round 3/6

      1º Fire

      2º Spirit

      3º MiniBoss Spirit

      4º Fire

      5º HeroicBoss Fire (specially though).

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-05-10.jpg



      - Round 4/6

      1º Spirit

      2º MiniBoss Spirit

      3º MiniBoss Spirit

      4º Earth

      5º HeroicBoss Earth/Water (specially though).

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-07-34.jpg



      - Round 5/6 

      1º MiniBoss Spirit

      2º MiniBoss Spirit

      3º Spirit

      4º Fire

      5º HeroicBoss Spirit (specially though).

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-15-23.jpg



      - Round 6/6

      1º Spirit

      2º Earth

      3º Fire

      4º MiniBoss Spirit

      5º HeroicBoss Fire/Spirit (fricking though, I failed at this one).

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-18-31.jpg


      Stratergies:

      1º Use always Water/Fire armors. Same for friends.

      2º Try to do this when you have low boss energy, so you don't have to interrupt your progress in Kingdom of Darkness, since you'll need to regen health at least 3 times (I had to regen health 3 times without friends).

      3º You don't need to spend crystals or friends if you have good fire / water armors. You can ever use the regular epic water armor as support.


      My actual progress: 

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-41-20.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-41-40.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176608980/Capturas/Noviembre%20de%202014/22_03-41-50.jpg



      Good luck! :P

        Loading editor
    • I will be happy with just the regular version of the epic. I have gotten 5 so far and am working on the Volcano, Desert, and Ghost ship levels with 2 fragments each. That should keep me busy till next week and then I'll focus on getting legendary armor materials and craft those. Even with the epic armors and the time we have in this event, the plus is out of my reach and the fact that the drop is not guaranteed at the end of KoD, quite honestly is not worth my gems. 

        Loading editor
    • My strategy has been to use 1 knight 1 friend giving me around 6-8 star fragments every 24 hours. Also has anyone else noticed, it may just be coincidence, that the higher the stage the lower the drop rate.

        Loading editor
    • My strategy was to finish up the first 6 areas (upto Farie Forest) Then I alternated between Phoniex and the Atlantean and Crius armor areas. I then did Zephyr and the Ghost ship and whenever I was about to level up I would use my 3 knights and 2 friends in KoD. This way I was able to complete KoD in one go becasue of the leveling up in between the level.

        Loading editor
    • TTT Thanatos wrote:
      My strategy has been to use 1 knight 1 friend giving me around 6-8 star fragments every 24 hours. Also has anyone else noticed, it may just be coincidence, that the higher the stage the lower the drop rate.

      It's not a coincidence. I got 8 fragments in 9 tries on the first 2 dungeons, but I needed 20 tries on the ghost ship, and 30 on KoD for gathering all the fragments.

        Loading editor
    • I've only gotten my 6th fragment from the Skeleton's Tomb, but the one bit of coincidence that I have encountered was that I never got a fragment when I used a friend or (accidentally, in the only occurance) used gems to revive my crew during the final round. Granted, I've yet to test this out further, but that's what I have witnessed.

        Loading editor
    • That is not true

        Loading editor
    • It's just coinciedence. I used friends sometimes and I usually got fragment.

        Loading editor
    • I have gotten all the way to the 13 crystals and the   ship gave me a lot of trouble I had farmed it forever and then I fought at the swamp place I only had to fight 8 times

        Loading editor
    • @LegnaX 

      I've been grinding through each stage. Does the KoD stage drop fragments for each of those bosses at the end of each stage respectively? 

      To clarify. On Stage one (1/6) you fight the Spirit/Air skellington Dragon. At the end of that stage (1/6) does that dragon drop a shard that corresponds to the stage he originally occurs in?

        Loading editor
    • im at 15 crystals and only need 2 fragments more for + version. What i do is when im just about go sleep i get as far as possible in the KoD stage, so when i wake up all my knights are full. Otherwise all the other stages are much easier and do not need this strategy.


      I feel this event is perfect time. Stronger players can get the + version easily and get some nice legendary armor while weaker players have plenty of time to get the epic.

        Loading editor
    • Just shared what I found when play the heroic mode:

      Chance to drop fragment is about 50-60% for me.  I actual write down how many I play in each level and stages before I get the fragment.  You do not have to power attack the final boss, just defeat it and see you luck.

      Need to plan out what armors to wear at what stage.  Play lower stage like guardian crossing with 3 weak members with play zephyr plateau or higher with 3 strong members with full energy.  It will give you two attacks per full energy.

      Start the kingdom of darkness ASAP if you go after the +epic.  It is tough unless you have the newest max out epics with you.  Chance is you will wait for 4 hrs to restore the energy before the second attack, or third attack.  Bring two powerful friends with you in this battle.

      Good luck for all.  I am done with my +epic now.

        Loading editor
    • I put a spreadsheet together on Google Docs that lists the elements for each board.  It might be worth taking a look as it looks like they are going to repeat this heroic mode a few times.

      Any feedback can be sent to me on Line (ID: inzendrin) or on Gree Forums (ID: Inzendrin)

      http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?102379-Farm-Heroic-Mode-made-easy-Well-maybe

      Enjoy!

        Loading editor
    • Great job with that file!.

      I just found something, on the Heroic Dungeons/ColdRock you have a note saying to avoid using Earth, given that you will fight several Air monsters there and not even one with Spirit, Earth is a worthy choice to clear the Stage and Finish the EB with Spirit. What needs to be avoided is wearing Water and Air Armors.

      Other than that the Spreadsheet is awesome.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Cold rock is interesting because the boss is unusually weak. I find that if you avoid using air against the boss he goes down pretty easy to maxed Eb+ or better.

        Loading editor
    • I noticed a trend or coincidence, when trying to get a Crystal in the first Heroic mode. Sometimes i was trying 2 or 3 times in a row on the same stage to get the 4th or more Crystal, but no drop, then i tried the next stage and usually get a drop, then return back to the stage before with no drop and then i get the 5-6-7-8th Crystal drop in a row or almost. So now i get the 1st to 4th Crystal of a stage and then go to the next stage get 1 Crystal and come back finish the 5th to 8th Crystal. So i hope it can help you guys. Good luck

        Loading editor
    • Now in the game we only get a week to get heroic! If i had a whole frikin month i would easily get the + lol

        Loading editor
    • 94.7.124.233 wrote: Now in the game we only get a week to get heroic! If i had a whole frikin month i would easily get the + lol

      Also a couple of week could be reasonable but not only 1 week :S

        Loading editor
    • 50 hours into the spirit air heroic, im already crafting the reg version, and ive beaten the dark prince, hope to get the plus version :)

        Loading editor
    • 199.96.246.78 wrote:
      50 hours into the spirit air heroic, im already crafting the reg version, and ive beaten the dark prince, hope to get the plus version :)

      i meant to say, ive beaten the KoD and got all 8 crystals...

        Loading editor
    • Think the drop rate was fixed because I am getting a fragment at the end of every stage 100% of the time.

        Loading editor
    • Not fixed, but just changed. Heroic mode has been completely revamped and all monsters are tougher now. Time has been increase from 1 week to 3 weeks aswell.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.