Chat moderators are members of the Knights & Dragons Wiki's staff team with the responsibility of managing the chat room. They have the tools to be able to kick and ban a user from the chat room. Chat moderator are expected to:
- Help users in chat to the best of their ability and answer questions (both in main chat and Personal Messages).
- Help newcomers understand the Chat Policies
- Warn someone before banning (kicks count as warnings), with exception of extreme cases where a ban is the best option for the well-being of the community and chat
- Explain on the banned user's message wall the reasons for the ban
- Chat Moderators need to show maturity. This includes quality edits, courtesy, and refraining from heavily roleplaying (like wiki "marriage", indulging in "violent acts" toward another user, etc.)
- Chat Moderators are expected to show good behavior both here and on other Wikis. As their conduct will be associated with this wiki, a block or ban on another Wiki as much as here could lead to demotion without further notice.
- Act with maturity on the Knights & Dragons Wiki and on all others, in chat, forums, comments, edits, and message walls
Please post below if you would like to be a Chat Moderator. In order to qualify you must:
- Have been a registered user for at least 1 month.
- Have received 3 Kudos on your application comment within a week
- Have never vandalized/spammed, or been blocked on any wiki
- Have some well-rounded knowledge about the wiki chat and wiki editing.
- If you support a user, give the comment Kudos (the thumb located at the top-right of the message)
- Only registered users can vote
- Do not comment unless you are applying for chat moderator
- If the user does not get 3 kudos within one week the nomination will be cancelled
Please note: Sockpuppeting will result in a cancellation of the votes and a block of all perpetrators.
- After receiving three support Kudos, the user will have a voting and discussion board
- The discussion and voting board will be where the comment will either support the user's promotion or oppose.
- This board will also serve as a method of asking the (nominee) important questions only regarding his promotion or about the nominee in general
- The nominee must reply within 48 hours without any excuse (except religious, secular,medical or family reasons)
- If the user does not reply, than the board will be closed and the nominee will be cancelled.
- The discussion will last for a week
- If the nominee gets at least a majority of supports, he/she will have a final brief admin evaluation before promotion
If your application does not get 3 or more Kudos then the application will be cancelled and you may re-apply after 1 month.
All comments on this must be applications for the chat moderator position, and all other comments will be removed. Discussions about the user will be made if they recieve 3 Kudos, and are not to be made here.